Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Cycle Fab???????

Hard-earned professional reputations, Folks...

Can be ruined overnight.

(So I'm destroying mine slowly.)

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Florida Between Weeki Wachee & Saint Petersburg

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chuckthebeatertruck View Post
    did you ever get your cams back?

I just posted a thread about my saga with American Cycle Fab and cams.
    It was a terrible experience and like you -- I couldn't get ahold of them.
    Worse, my cams came back essentially ruined.
    Are you going after them with an attorney? You must have considered that.
    I'm sorry to hear of your trouble.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by AdvenJack View Post
    Are you going after them with an attorney? You must have considered that.
    I'm sorry to hear of your trouble.

Paul and I were able to connect after two weeks. ACF is exchanging the cams.

That said, I have no idea how long that might take . . . I'm hoping it's less than the nearly 6 months I waited for what they sent me.

While I'm happy they are exchanging the cams; based on the various private messages I received it seems I'm just one of many people having difficulties either communicating with ACF or getting work completed in a timely manner.

As of now; I'd say be careful. Some folks say Paul is the absolute best and worth the wait. My experience differs and the photos tell the story.

Paul has done very nice work in the past for me....motors mostly....65 XLH, 42 Knucklehead, 54 KR....THAT WAS THE PAST. I gave hime 2 transmissions (one pan and one knuckle) and a KHK motor for rebuilds....THAT WAS 2 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS AGO AND NOW NO ANSWER ON THE PHONE, NO ANSWER ON EMAILS, NO ANSWER ON HIS FACEBOOK MESSAGE. I HAVE TRIED CALLING both his shop number (no answering machine as of today) I tried his cell phone and his mailbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Paul has done very nice work in the past for me....motors mostly....65 XLH, 42 Knucklehead, 54 KR....THAT WAS THE PAST. I gave hime 2 transmissions (one pan and one knuckle) and a KHK motor for rebuilds....THAT WAS 2 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS AGO AND NOW NO ANSWER ON THE PHONE, NO ANSWER ON EMAILS, NO ANSWER ON HIS FACEBOOK MESSAGE. I HAVE TRIED CALLING both his shop number (no answering machine as of today) I tried his cell phone and his mailbox is full.

Believe it or not; the most successful way I got them to respond was via Ebay messenger. Still it was a constant barrage of calls, emails, and anything else I could think of each time I was trying to communicate with them.

Paul did call me twice in early June. The first time, he gave me a 30 minute window to call him back but I didn't get the message until a couple of hours later; the second time I just missed the call. So, he does have a phone that works :-)

I never worked so hard to communicate with anyone in my entire life; let alone a business owner.

I wish you luck in resolving the situation.