Thread: American Cycle Fab???????

Default American Cycle Fab???????

Does anyone know the business status of American Cycle Fab??? They've had my camshaft project for over 6 months.
    I'm have zero success contacting them... I urgently need my project returned, finished or NOT... Please contact me
    @ hankins@qnet.com if you know anything... This is getting ridiculous... I have $3,000 invested in the parts I sent to them.
    Please help or give info if you can.

Larry Doane
    AMCA #944
    Agua Dulce, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spoke with them two weeks ago and everything seemed fine.

Larry,

I talked with Paul about a month ago and Joel a couple of weeks ago as they have had a 46 knuckle motor of mine since Jan. They assure me it will be done by mid to late Nov for sure. They do motors in batches i.e. pans, knuckles and flatties as it makes it easier on them to stick with a type and knock them all out then move to the next bunch. Kind of assembly line style. They do a fair amount of motor work for me and some of my friends so I think they are just getting overrun with work. They also rely on seasonal maintenance work like all shops do to pay the bills. The kind of quick turn around stuff that keeps cash coming in to pay the bills. That puts them behind on the unit work. Call don't email and they will talk to you. Since you live on the west coast remember the time difference. I understand the frustration since I was supposed to have that 46 motor back by Oley but I like the work they do and it has been reliable and I can bring something there and we go over it in person.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Thanks Tom. They weren't able to deliver on the last 3 promises... If/when I get them to answer the phone...I've tried many times...I tell
    them this isn't working for me and to return all my parts... I have no problem paying for their time and shipping... It's just time to try another
    approach to get my camshaft project moving... Thanks again for responding..

Larry Doane
    AMCA #944

Sorry it isn't working out for you with them but you have do what's best for you.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA @12766

Yeah Tom, I'm pretty bummed... I called again this morning and at least their voice mail was turned on.. I'll give them another week
    before I try hiring a local agent to personally visit their shop and pick up my property..

I would try calling between 11 and 2 pm their time. That is when I have managed to get them. They are closed Mondays but they usually still answer the phone. Tues. through Sat. are best

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766