Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much paint?

thxs Great idea,Auger

thxs for info,Auger

thxs,fenders already primed light tan in anticipation of having coverage issues,Auger

Going to get paint for John,Spring Hill Green,and go from there,thxs for info,Auger

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Bob, I disagree. 16 fluid ounces is a lot of paint, and adding in the reducer increases the volume. As for runs and orange peel, those problems are easily wet sanded out. If augermac has the color matched, and shoots all the inside surfaces with the new paint, he should have a good surplus of the original paint. However, I do all my own painting and I am a big advocate of modern paints, and HVLP guns. The more I think about it, I would have the original paint matched, and paint the bike with a quality modern enamel and be done with it. Modern paint is going to be easier to apply, tougher, UV resistant, and easy to touch up.
    Eric, he stated that he had a one pint can of fast dry enamel. That is premixed paint that goes on heavy and most likely won't cover what he's doing. I agree withe fact that if it were modern polyurethane that was going to have activator and reducer added and goes on very thin it would work with no problem. Bob L