Thread: how much paint?

Default how much paint?

Have a pint can of quick drying enamel and would like to know how much this would cover giving 2 coats. Need to do tanks/front and rear fenders for 51 Pan..

I can't remember what the mil spec on op is off hand but the factory put it on thin. Even with the 2-1-1 I think 2 coats is pushing it.
    AMCA #765

Thxs I thought so too..

At first I agreed with Len because I was thinking of the 1/4 pint touch-up cans of H-D paint (I know, don't say it. I think a whole pint could do the job, but you would only have one go at it. I believe H-D paint was a very high pigment content mix, so it would cover better than modern enamel. My suggestion would be; have the color matched, and use the new paint for the insides of the fenders, and tanks, and save the genuine paint for the surfaces that show.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Default paint

thxs ,I didn't think of doing that-can states that U can thin with turpentine,will this give me more coverage?

I don't think I would use turpentine to stretch the paint as I think you're going to have plenty of paint. As an experiment, you could mix up a pint of primer with solvent (in the proportion you would use for the H-D paint) and see how far it goes. That will give you a yardstick to see if you can be a Republican, or a Democrat with the genuine paint
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886