Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about 1946 WL brake light switch & hardware configuration

Thank you! So it looks like the long spring pull connects right to the brake pedal, and I still do put the brake lock on the rod, with the tab upright and to the rear, as a brake lock, back near the battery box bracket?
    Jim
    AMCA #466

Just saw this. Yes, the long pull goes directly to the pedal. And the lock is situated so that it moves with the rod with no interference but an be positioned against the lower tool box/battery box bolt to hold the pedal in place. As stated it is only used for rear drum removal from the wheel hub.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Robbie, thank you. After looking at the bike, it seems impossible to position the lock on the rod so it could contact the lower battery box bolt, as that area is where the speedometer clamp mounted to the battery box bolt, goes between the chain guard and the brake rod. So the lock can’t get near the bolt.
    Jim
    AMCA #466

Sorry Jim, My mistake. It is positioned in front of the front chainguard mounting bolt and locks against the head of the bolt to hold the rod, not the battery box bolt.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Great! That makes more sense, thanks!
    Jim
    AMCA #466

As a follow-up, I wanted to post a couple of pics. I think it's all sorted out now, thanks to the great help from members. Thanks again! If you see anything wrong, I'm open to suggestions!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    AMCA #466