Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: H-D Production IoE V-twins 1909-1929

Thanks for your fine posts, guys ! I've been reading Wagner's "Classic Harley-Davidson, 1903-1941." Good stuff

A couple more..

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Robbie, thank you so much for sharing these ! i just snagged this picture off the internet; i thought it's really cool and apropos to the thread. Belt driven "double," can we tell from the picture what year?

s-l500.jpg

First off, thank you Robbie for posting the order blanks. Most striking to me is the last year, 1922 WJ Sport model @ $340.00 for the full electric; and 1 year later, the top-of-the-line 1923 full electric JD is $10 cheaper @ $230.00. The Sport is a sad footnote in H-D history because that was a bike that should have survived. Obviously, sales were low for the Sport, but I think it was a bike that came at a bad time, and maybe wasn't marketed right. . . Could'a, should'a, would'a; the motorcycle world is full of brilliant motorcycles that didn't survive.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Swan View Post
    Robbie, thank you so much for sharing these ! i just snagged this picture off the internet; i thought it's really cool and apropos to the thread. Belt driven "double," can we tell from the picture what year?

s-l500.jpg
    I don't know the year, Steve,...

...But I would call it an aftermarket accessory.

....Cotten
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-05-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

OK, seeing that we seem to have moved on from the early teens to the early twenties in short order I will upload some pages from an original 1920 UK export brochure that I have.

Apart from prices being in pounds, the other obvious differences between standard USA spec and UK spec are a different sidecar was offered in the UK. A UK made item, I guess because of cost. Also, as has been mentioned before, the "front" brake was standard in the UK due to the UK law compelling a bike to have 2 separate brakes. And lastly a front stand was standard over here. The last picture is of the spec sheet for the bikes.

Apart from that I believe the rest of the specs are the same as the USA bikes.

I have also listed a couple of items relating to the horizontally opposed engine which in theory is a 180 degree "Vee" twin but is not IoE but instead a side vale with "superheated" manifold. I figure it might be of interest even if not strictly correct for this thread.

There is a slip of paper with the prices of extras stuck inside the front cover which I thought would be of interest.

If the pictures are not big enough to see I can re-post them at a higher resolution.

John

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    I don't know the year, Steve,...

...But I would call it an aftermarket accessory.

....Cotten
    Great picture Tom !

ok ! here's more pictures i've snagged of the 'net.

19121912.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 10-05-2017 at 09:22 PM.