Thread: New member from Spartanburg, SC

Default New member from Spartanburg, SC

Hi all,
    A quick hello. Just joined the amca today. I just recently got interested in antique motorcycles but have always loved bikes. Great to be here.
    Jason willis

Glad you are here also, do you no Bill Furr by any chance? What kind of bike do you ride.

No, I don't know bill Furr. Is he in Spartanburg? Now I drive a bobber inspired Honda Rebel, I am about to finish. What would be a good antique motorcycle you guys would recommended me starting with. Nothing with a huge budget and parts still relatively easy to get?
    Thanks again

Bill is in Orangeburg and owns Orangeburg Cycle Shop and his son Armon races Bill's top fuel HD dragster. As far as a antique bike to start with if you want HD then look at a 45 or older Sportster.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

I was thinking a Harley 45 would be good with all the WLA's, WLC's and WL's... Thanks guys and I will check out Bills shop next time I go through oranheburg.

Welcome to the club Jason,do you know Pete Hill from Greenville ? I spent some time at greenville training mechanics many years back.Went to Pete's shop & had a great time.I would suggest 45" over an old Iron Head,they ride great,well balanced,easy to get on to the foot clutch

Thanks for the kind words guys. So the hunt for a H-D 45 starts. Ohhhhhhh I am familiar with Pete Hill. One heck of a fast Knuckle he had. I need to see if he still has a shop in Greenville, SC. Maybe he would have a lead on a 45 or If anyone has any tips on an old 45 looking to be saved, please message me. Thanks guys.
    Jason

Last edited by Jason29307; 08-21-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Yes, Pete still has a shop in Greenville, but we're leaving Wednesday for Bonneville to see what he can get out of his '46 Knuck this year.

Please come back with some feedback. I would love to know..