Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1955 FLH Oil Tank Decals and Front Fender Badge

had a great conversation with them will ship it out this morning when post office opens today enjoy your 1955flh fender badge hope this is last item for your rare bike !!!!!!!

tracking #9506 1154 2522 8097 2483 50 usps must sign for item should be there Tue or wed

Great Tom, thank you very much, your patience and perseverance paid off. Really looking forward to receiving it from Ed in a few weeks. Now that we have your email address from the PayPal payment, would it be OK for me to contact you using that email address to send a list of some other parts I would like to find? Ed said you had some more 1955 parts.

swapmeets are just starting up like this morning going to one what else you looking for have some knucklehead flathead parts shovelhead and panhead also let me know you need I will try to find some items !

Hi Tom,
    Ed has received the emblem, thank you. I tried to email a list of parts but got a failure notice. So here are some parts to begin with in case you can help out.
    1) Used 1955-56 Footshift Gas Tanks in very good condition. Good emblem mounts with original threads, all tank to frame mounting tabs intact and with no repairs, good threads for Shut-off on left tank and for Fuel Line on right tank, good threads for mounting studs, NO TANK SEALER OR LINING, few minor dents OK but nothing major please.
    2) NOS or excellent used 1941 to 1955 Stainless Air Cleaner Cover or complete Air Cleaner. No dents, gouges, or scratches. Riveted instruction metal tag. With a crisp Bar and Shield logo.
    3) NOS 56202-54 Blue Grips, with original box if possible.
    4) NOS 71271-47 Dash Cover Complete, 1948 to 1955 painted cover, any colour.
    5) NOS 71294-47 Rubber Gasket, dash cover.
    Thanks very much Tom. Cheers, Rob.

Keep my eyes open at the swap meets coming up how much you willing to pay for tanks ?

Thanks Tom, I appreciate that. Regarding the price of the tanks, I don't want something for nothing. I hope my no hassle payment of the emblem let you know that I am reasonable and reliable. It is so difficult to name a price. I guess for really good condition like I want, and with a nice pair of Nameplates on them, the price is going to be near $1,000.
    Best bet is to send enough good photos to be able to see the condition of all the various areas that matter to me, and let me know the price. I will then be able to deal quickly again.
    Be Good, Rob.

ok just found a front front fender tip stainless for 1955 flh nice but one stud missing on back can send photos to your friend going to swap meet in morning and april 27 also in oley pa will look for parts for you
    let me know

Thanks Tom but I have a mint NOS front tip. Best to just stick with the parts on the list for now, especially a very good set of Gas Tanks.
    Have fun at the Swap Meets and happy hunting.
    Rob.

Ok maybe found some tanks going to guys shop to check them out this weekend let you know!