Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am new here but not new to older motorcycles

Default I am new here but not new to older motorcycles

Hi folks!
    I am new here and wanted to say "Hi". I'm not new to older motorcycles or riding I got the name Panhead Pat about 40+ years ago when I built my first Pan. I brought it home in boxes. since then my oldest project was a 41 ULH. In the last year or so I've started putting together a 29 JD & have LOTS of questions. I have a lot of good resources & everyone I've met (swap meet, etc) have been VERY helpful so I'm sure the same will apply here.

I believe I may have posted this to the wrong area! My apologies!!! I tried to delete it but have been unsuccessful?
    Last edited by Panhead Pat; 03-23-2018 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Tried to delete because it's in the wrong area?

HELLO Panhead Pat!! If you get a chance, how about a picture? We all like to see. You should be able to get a lot of help here. Lots of JD info here already to "search" through too. Have FUN!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

always great to have another IoE enthusiast ! we have a JD section in this forum, lots of great info there and great folks here, without this great group of guys, i would still be working on my project.

Welcome Panhead Pat. There are a lot of great places to get good J, and JD advice, and the AMCA is definitely among them. Your introduction is in an okay place, and thanks for doing that. As Jim said, it's always nice to see pictures. I used to post pics from Photobucket, but I have since started using the picture posting feature here and that works quite well. Convoluted, but once you use it a few times it gets easier. Oh yeah, everyone loves Panheads too
    Last edited by exeric; 03-23-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Welcome on board Pat! Bob Luland

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    Welcome Panhead Pat. There are a lot of great places to get good J, and JD advice, and the AMCA is definitely among them. Your introduction is in an okay place, and thanks for doing that. As Jim said, it's always nice to see pictures. I used to post pics from Photobucket, but I have since started using the picture posting feature here and that works quite well. Convoluted, but once you use it a few times it gets easier. Oh yeah, everyone loves Panheads too
    again, welcome and please pics of your IoE. here is me during August, 1970, a '52 pan. and me, 47 years later on my '27 IoE. not counting a '72 Sportster i bought to sell, these are the only 3 H-D's i've owned.

1970 August.jpg1927 JD 8.11.17.2.jpg

Thanks everyone, here she is, she's not pretty & probably never going to be but she will be out riding!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Panhead Pat View Post
    Thanks everyone, here she is, she's not pretty & probably never going to be but she will be out riding!

5.jpg
    6.jpg
    Thanks for the pics! what stage are you at in your work on the bike?

Nice project!! I also see the "infamous" Harbor Freight lift. I also own one of those and it works nice for the money I paid for it. My VLs were in "similar" condition when I got them... so you are in great shape! GOOD LUCK!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Getting close, I hope to have her running/riding by the end of summer. Still need lots of "small" parts, engine is done and going to need to do the trans. Thinking I might do the VL upgrade?