Thread: 1950 Panhead

Default 1950 Panhead

This is a bike that I bought locally ( St. Louis ) Dec. 2013. It's a 1950 EL that's been in the same family since new. I just retired and it's time to get this thing back on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1950 is a great year for Hydra-Glides, as are all early hydraulic fork H-Ds. It looks like it could be a good rider, but it may be a ways off from correct for 1950. I've always liked the 3 stripes on the rear fender, the tank badge, and the lean look of the early Glides. Keep us posted on your progress, and don't hesitate to ask questions. Welcome to the AMCA.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Thanks Eric. This bike was a daily rider for the original owner ( family member ). I started a post on the Member Bike Builds section, but my second post was not added to the original post. It became it's own post. Not sure what I did wrong ??

I have a 1951FL, Craig so I love early Hydra-Glides. From '49-'51, each year Hydra-Glide was very unique and each one is profoundly individual; even though most people think they all look the same
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886