Thread: Royal Enfield

Default Royal Enfield

i got this beauty the other day, a 1967 Interceptor. imo, looks to die for; quintessentially British. Compared to the elegance of a Livery Black 1974 Norton Commando, the Interceptor is a beast.

i've never seen an Interceptor, except as pictured in Royal Enfield's cheesy little half-page b&w ads seen in various magazines in 1967, when i was 15. the first time i saw the Interceptor in these ads, i was smitten, never been able to get the bike out of my head since. i have thought about an Interceptor AT LEAST once or twice a year ever since i was 15......

Factory brochures stated, "Not everybody can have one. There aren't enough to go around. That's why the owner of a Royal Enfield has something special. Something the other fellow hasn't got."

20170523_191434.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 06-13-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Good looking motorcycle. I too wanted one as a young-un, but a very uncommon machine in Western Wisconsin
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Beautiful bike, Steve. It's sad how long we have to wait for gratification
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I am usually pro American when it comes to bikes and cars, but this is a very good looking bike. I would be very proud to own this bike and I am very happy for you to finally fulfill your boy hood dreams especially with one in such great shape. Congratulations and happy, along with very safe riding!

Wow Steve, thats an absolute beauty. Well done, you must be chuffed. (Chuffed is a British slang term meaning to be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself)

John

Thanks guys for your kind words. Like with any motorcycle one has an attachment to, i've walked around the interceptor, looking at it for extended periods of time...... Where i grew up in rural NE Nebraska, i don't know where the nearest Royal Enfield dealer might have been in those days, perhaps Lincoln or Omaha. Wasn't outright thinking of purchasing one, but i know the the thought was in my subconscious. Coincidentally, i had just sold my 1969 CB750 rider and the Interceptor popped up on ebay 2 days later.
    i couldn't resist. The Interceptor is the 1st restored bike i've ever purchased, so far it seems a good one. Yes John, i am chuffed !

I remember seeing new Royal Enfields on the showroom floor in Amityville, New York in about 1966 (I was 16). I was really taken by their beauty, and still am. AND....... the 1,2,3,4 selector pointer and numerals on the shifter cover was really neat!

That's a wonderful bike Steve - ride it in best of health!
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755