Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AMCA Verification of Member Data??????

I might add that I believe the only roster the club lost money on was the grandiose blue book roster that Mr. Gagan dreamed up. Our regular paper covered ones were just fine thank you.
    DrSprocket

I just want to reassure everyone that this is not a scam. Perhaps the card could have done a better job of explaining the purpose behind acquiring this information. Rather than publishing a regular roster, we are working with Publishing Concepts, as Keith explained above, in generating a yearbook-style roster which would allow the membership, at their own discretion, to relay to other members information about their particular favorite motorcycle. This is the same type format utilized by, among others, the Ford Model T Club of America.

For clarification, this program was approved by the Board at the Board Meeting in Daytona back in March, though the minutes from that meeting were just recently approved. Those minutes relay the actions taken by the Board and approval of those minutes does not impact the implementation of actions approved in the meeting itself, meaning that Keith proceeded with Board approval.

Regards to all, Lonnie
    Lonnie Campbell #9908
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

It sure felt like a Time Share pitch. I kept saying "No" to packages they offered and the lady said "well, let me take out this item? How does this value work for you?" Again, No and another reduction. After asking what part of no she didn't understand.....and she quit.
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

I just tossed mine (ours actually as both my wife and I have full memberships), and feel just fine about it.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Rich,

The two main objectives in my job title is to increase the membership and chapters. One of the main things out of our ability to do is contact every single member, active and expired. With over 30,000 names in our database, two-thirds are expired. The offer to have a third party company come in and make those contacts for us in their attempt to sell some members a membership directory was a good project to present to the board. A live presentation was made to the board by PCI. There were mixed opinions and a 6 to 3 vote gave approval to move forward. I only present the opportunities and options. I do not have a vote in what ideas are approved.

The post cards are being sent out with the AMCA Board blessing. We are developing a new Membership Directory through Publishing Concepts. This directory is being done at no cost to the AMCA or its membership unless a member chooses to purchase a directory or any of the merchandise they are selling.

Please know that AMCA receives only $10 from any of the sales of a directory and zero dollars for any merchandise. That profit is what allows PCI to offer directories at no cost to the club.

Members are under no obligation to purchase anything. We do ask that you please confirm your contact information so our records are up to date.

This campaign also allows us to try and renew expired members. This saves the club thousands of dollars in marketing to expired members. PCI is also not allowed to share our database with anyone and can only use our data for use of this directory only.

The AMCA website states that the information verification conducted by our "trusted" partner
    Publishing Concepts is of no cost to club. Remember: you don't get nothin for nothin.
    Gary #7334

Question:

Went to the AMCA website a few minutes ago, made sure my info was up to date and accurate, then checked the boxes excluding my name and phone number from any list.

Does this now automatically exclude my name and info being used in this 3rd party offering or do I need to do something else to insure my privacy?

Thanks in advance

I brought this whole roster idea up for the last 3 years at the meetings at Denton, Oley and Wauseon and was told "we're working on it". Well this is not what I had in mind. What we had was fine and that is what we should be doing again. We used to do it every couple of years so that new members were included. Just look at the responses here and that should be obvious. I specifically brought up the point that Rich did about having it with me when traveling so I would have potential contacts as I travelled. I don't need a year book for that. I was going to call today but have decided to take a wait and see approach now. JMHO

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA#12766

thinking this was on the level i sat thru it till the sales pitch. then the only two payments of 184.00 something. WHAT? then how bout without the travel bag $???.00 . WHAT?. then how bout $??.00 for sum other bs.. BUT WAIT.. C L I C K..... think n this was handled wrong if it is on the up n up.. gary
    gww57.com

I had experience with PC in the car club I am in about 8 years ago. They are good at marketing and choose words carefully. They use the club name to make people think they are acting as an integral part of, or on behalf of the club itself. Bottom line is they have one objective and that's to make a profit off club members. We had good number of members being hounded (including me) on the phone because they didn't respond to the request via mailing. It created a whole lot of PO'd members, some started dropping out of club, and the project was shutdown within a month after being launched. It was a disaster in this clubs case.

With privacy problems being such a big concern these days, people just aren't comfortable giving any info to a 3rd party. Who knows what PCI's security is on their servers. There is no guarantee it won't be hacked from an external source of even internal to PCI

I understand the intentions were good and there may seem to be a benefit for club on the surface, but the cost/risk of involving a 3rd party is too great in my opinion. PCI should state the high cost of the directory right up front. They don't because if they did the cat would be out of bag and few would send their info.
    Hate to be a negative nanny on this one but my personal experience with them has not been good.
    Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/