Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indian powerplus transmission dating

IMG_20170314_165501225.jpg this is are numbers off of are1918 PP.

Dave (Beddo)-If you can please check the S/N on your 3 speed 1917 little twin that would be fantastic thank you.

Tom- Thank you for the photo's of your 1916 transmission. This helps quite a bit.

Dale- Thank you for the more detailed photos of your 1917 transmission in your powerplus. If you don't want to scrape the grime off that is fine. Your photos have been helpful.

Steve- Thank you for uploading the photos Spacke2speed trying doing. This makes a lot more sense showing the differences. It really shows my '15 transmission is definitely the same as the first set of photos.

Olie- Thank you for your photo of your 1918 trans number. It is tricky to see the first character. Is it a 1 or a "T"?

Thank you everyone for the help.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Spacke2speed View Post
    Also of note, the clutch on a 15 is different than 16 and later clutches such as chain width, pressure plate and pressure plate mounting screws.
    Spacke2speed
    Holy thread revival :-)

I was wondering if you have more details on the differences between '15 and '16 and later clutches and how to tell the difference by looking at them as my location often means I am sourcing parts via email/websites so only have pictures to go by.

Cheers
    Steve
    1914 P&M
    1915 Indian (project)
    1930 M50 Panther
    1958 M35sport Panther