Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic northy

Default Vic northy

I hope the news is wrong but I just heard from 2 different sources that legendarycharacter and HD 45 guy Vic Northy from NJ has passed? Can anyone verify that? 46EL

I haven't heard anything. It would be too bad. I think he is about my age and that would be too young. Met him at Daytona in the early 90's and no doubt they broke the mold after he was made and he sure loved his 45's. Jerry

Yes Sad but true. He was found dead in his driveway. RIP Vic

I've known Vic longer than anyone else in this hobby. The meet won't be the same with out the sound of that Honda 50 at 5:30 in the morning. RIP Vic boy.

I got this news yesterday, too.

I stopped to think about it and realized I don't think I've gone to a meet in the three states surrounding me any time in years and NOT seen Vic there. The last time I saw him, he had given my friend's son a toy and then was dancing to Johnny Cash with the boy in the middle of the Newportville Swap. Vic may have been one of the least self-conscious guys I've ever met.

I wasn't close with Vic — he got guilty enough about not remembering my name that he just stopped asking — but I will miss seeing him. He was as reliable as the sun coming up every morning.

Oley won't be the same this year.

I remember some years back Vic would set up a Christmas tree at his vendor spot for giggles. He was a super nice guy. RIP Vic.

We have known Vic for over 20 years, what a huge loss to the club. RIP Vic, gone but will never be forgotten.

That's really a shame.... I remember I had drove up to his house and at that time he had a broken leg. We went down the steps into his basement to get a 1936 VLH Primary Cover that I bought from him. He gave me a great deal on it too. Later in years he admitted he sold it to me too cheap. RIP Vic
    Jim

AMCA #6520

RIP VIC, just won't be the same without Vic....the rear fender on my UL was a swap meet deal from Vic....i will always think of him when i go for a ride.

I remember 1 year at Harmony, when everybody was at dinner, Vic came over to the booth where we sold the T-shirts and set up a TV with VCR and played old motorcycle race films for everybody to watch. he will be missed
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge