Thread: Fuel bowl gas catcher?

Default Fuel bowl gas catcher?

Does anyone have a spare overflow fuel catcher for a Linkert Carb? Or maybe what to use for a reproduction one? I have heard of 4clinders catching on fire when flooding gas drips on the magneto.

Thanks, Ben

Ben!

I think they were often called "scuppers", and just a piece of bent sheet metal to direct overflow.

Face it, its only a band-aid if something is wrong with the carb; Probably the float, or the petcock if it happens while sitting.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-24-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Ben!

I think they were often called "scuppers", and just a piece of bent sheet metal to direct overflow.

Face it, its only a band-aid if something is wrong with the carb; Probably the float, or the petcock if it happens while sitting.

....Cotten
    Thanks. I have seen them cast out of aluminum and seen one on Ebay a few weeks ago in a pile of stuff. the whole pile went for under $40.00. Wish I had bid on it. As often happens, the needle valve gets a pice of dirt or something in it and will stick once in awhile. I saw a 4 cyl catch on fire at Sturgis a few years ago because of a needle valve sticking and gas dripping on the mag. Not a pretty sight for sure.

That's avoidable, Ben!

Worn floatlevers can be reconditioned, so with a proper float, it won't hang up and overflow.
    And of course, a filter would catch particles coming out of the tank.
    New valves are available if necessary, even for Scheblers.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!