Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1925 FDCB Harley-Davidson

and now i have the motor back in the bike to start it up next week, i know what you are thinking... why are soooo many parts mismatch, well this is what i got and i didn't want to spend a ton of money to make it right...IMG_5221.jpgIMG_5222.jpgIMG_5223.jpgIMG_5224.jpg once it runs i will pull it apart and paint it to look like it is 80 years old.

Well i got he bike off the wood bike bench to start it, set up a plastic battery charger from Costco and left it on over night in my shop and the f--ker burst into flames at 2am and burned for an hour before it went out!
    i could not believe it when i saw the burn hole in my bench. thank God it went out or the bike and my shop would have gone up in flames.IMG_5299.jpg

Holy crap-yes, damn good thing it was not in the bike.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by wowswitch View Post
    Well i got he bike off the wood bike bench to start it, set up a plastic battery charger from Costco and left it on over night in my shop and the f--ker burst into flames at 2am and burned for an hour before it went out!
    i could not believe it when i saw the burn hole in my bench. thank God it went out or the bike and my shop would have gone up in flames.IMG_5299.jpg
    holy ****. i just saw your thread. damn good thing that was not in your bike. that would have made for a very sad day.

hell mate your lucky ,glad thats all that got burnt

I am so lucky! just look at the can of starting fluid next to the burn spot! there is a God that looks after my dumb ass... So after i stopped shaking after a few days i started the bike and it ran just fine but Im still in shock over the hole mess. i will start taking the bike apart for painting in the few weeks.
    IMG_5311.jpgIMG_5314.jpgIMG_5313.jpg