Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fix for leaky float bowls?

"EZ Lube" is something I would have to go to the Big City for, I guess, Bob!

(Something I avoid...)

Meanwhile,
    SIG "Supercoat" is doing GREAT in my P4gas immersion test, Folks!

Its been a week or so, and some of the goobers are finally getting soft. Gasgacinch did better this year than others, but is
    now getting snotty. Bondo Muffler and Tailpipe Sealer seemed surprisingly resistant, and I considered it a candidate
    for inlet nipples, but its now softening. My years-old application of Caswell's might as well come out so I can save it
    for next year's test.
    VersaChem "Mega Black" RTV is snot, and my 'secret sauce' is still fuel-proof.
    Pliobond 25 isn't quite as good as the original.
    I forgot to test 3M #800 and Seal-Lock, but there is still time, if I can find my tube.

A red and a green Loctite used to glue two plates of glass together didn't make it through the night.

Red Cote (no surprise) and "The Right Stuff" (which should fail) are untouched.

The one-week seasoned JBWeld continues to lift off the glass, but the well-seasoned gob next to it is un-fazed.
    And last but not least, Gorilla Glue isn't softening, but it is lifting from the glass. I am as disappointed as anyone,
    as it seemed like the perfect adhesive to suggest for locking floats to the lever.

More as it deteriorates...

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-20-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Glyptal failed, again,.... Folks.

Motor cases shouldn't encounter much fuel, unless you have an OHV with a leaky petcock.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!