Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 1952 Chief

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    149

    Default 1952 Chief

    After several lapses in activity over the years, my '52 Chief restoration is moving forward again. I have done all of the work myself, other than TIG welding, flywheel assembly and finish paint. I finished up blasting and priming the sheet metal over the winter and just got the finish painted pieces back. 90% done 50% more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Looks fantastic swall; I love yellow and I'm thinking of painting my '51FL yellow as well. Everyone loves pictures, and updates, so keep them coming.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swall View Post
    90% done 50% more to go.
    'Ain't it the truth! Your 90% looks great!
    Pisten Bulley is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Looking good! The fun part begins....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Looking good, I'm hand painting a logo on my mates Scout soon which he has just had the tanks painted yellow.
    His is in Scotland.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swall View Post
    I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.
    should have said something, I have the fix for that without any work
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I got the fenders on yesterday. Had quite a bit of delay finding fender trim that was half way decent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Here is the latest. Put the tank emblems on. Got the wiring mostly done. got the throttle and spark control cables done but not yet connected to the carb and distributor. Working with fitment of the dash panel and fitment of the oil lines. Got good fitment of the exhaust pipes but took them off to work on the oil lines. Put the fork oil in last week and had a little mishap--the left side damper rod got away and fell down into the fork tube, but I managed to fish it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in someone's crosshairs
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Looking good, you should be riding this spring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •