Thread: 1952 Chief

Default 1952 Chief

After several lapses in activity over the years, my '52 Chief restoration is moving forward again. I have done all of the work myself, other than TIG welding, flywheel assembly and finish paint. I finished up blasting and priming the sheet metal over the winter and just got the finish painted pieces back. 90% done 50% more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks fantastic swall; I love yellow and I'm thinking of painting my '51FL yellow as well. Everyone loves pictures, and updates, so keep them coming.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by swall View Post
    90% done 50% more to go.
    'Ain't it the truth! Your 90% looks great!
    Pisten Bulley is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Looking good! The fun part begins....

I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.

Looking good, I'm hand painting a logo on my mates Scout soon which he has just had the tanks painted yellow.
    His is in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by swall View Post
    I mounted the front shield and head lamp shell to the bike. I made some faux rivets to attach the shell to the mounting piece on the inside. I started with 8-32 stainless thumb screws and turned a truss head form on the head, then polished them to simulate chrome. I hand tightened 8-32 nuts on the inside along with a little Loctite.
    should have said something, I have the fix for that without any work
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

I got the fenders on yesterday. Had quite a bit of delay finding fender trim that was half way decent.