Thread: What are these bags from?

Default What are these bags from?

I have a set of bags I can't ID.. anyone have an idea? They were in with some other stuff I found....
    Attached Images Attached Images

These bags look like Califia (sp?) bags. They are almost identical to the bags we mounted on a BMW Police bike we built in the 70s.

I have these on a '75 BMW. They were installed by the original owner who bought it new in CA.
    I thought they may be Bates, but don't know as there is no brand mark or label.

Thank you both for your replies. These bags were in a lot of BMW parts my partner and I bought for resale. I had ideas about fitting them to my Moto Guzzi 850 T3, but I noticed the muffler cut outs in the bottom were angled, like a BMW not straight like my old Goose... The original bags on the Goose are pretty small, and I thought I'd like to have more room... I don't think I will use them on my Goose, as they have a special purpose LOL. Victor
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
    I have these on a '75 BMW. They were installed by the original owner who bought it new in CA.
    I thought they may be Bates, but don't know as there is no brand mark or label.

those look a bit like old Wixoms. Great bags, were fitted on BMW, Motoguzzy and a few others.

Default Bags

Quote Originally Posted by captdan View Post
    those look a bit like old Wixoms. Great bags, were fitted on BMW, Motoguzzy and a few others.
    Yes I will sell them for
    $150