Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Excelsior book

Thanks for the very good feedback. Indeed it was a labor of love. This book was only possible in self publishing. The costs and time for a high quality book with this format and amount of pages are very high. ( you can compare it withe restoration of a motorcycle) At the end Bob and I l provided a book with the complete story. In the meantime we have orders from around the world. The last ones were from Australia and Japan...
    I did also the first book on on Board Track racing (Murderdrome) which is also worth to look at. It has nearly the same size of the American Excelsior book.

Hello Robbie: The website was updated. I checked it. Everything is working fine.
    If you ordered the book via our website you will get an confirmation on your mail. The invoice is send later. May be you did not fill in the form correctly. Do not forget to tick the boxes. Please try again
    regards www.American-x.org
    Last edited by American X; 06-12-2016 at 04:52 AM.

We had several questions regarding the amount of books. We have less than 250 books left. That`s it
    www.American-x.org

I have to say I am greatly impressed by this book and the amount of effort put into it. Great Job! Now I just need more time to peruse it.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Glad to say I received my VERY well packed copy today. The book looks of excellent quality and should provide me with plenty of reading to take me through the upcoming long winter nights. Thanks for the excellent quality and look forward to reading it. It's all your fault Eric for teasing me with the German copy.
    Bob Rice #6738
    He that conquereth his own soul is greater than he who taketh a city.

We have bad news. We tried to make things easier for the U.S. friends. The shipping to Bob Turek to the U.S. was lost. I was also astonished that this could happen by a shipping company. This was a big amount for a limited print of 400!
    So we have less for sale. This is an bad impact.
    www.American-x.org
    Last edited by American X; 09-07-2016 at 03:44 PM.

That is bad news! Was it a quantity of books?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I bought the Excelsior book at our Raalte International AMCA Meet in May, read it, and reviewed it for the AMCA magazine but not yet published. Executive summary: buy it while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
    Executive summary: buy it while you still can.
    Good advice. That book has it all; beautiful printing, previously unpublished pictures, and text, and devoted research that comes from a deep commitment, and love for the Excelsior brand.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

If I calculate the books which were lost (confirmed now) and the books we had to give away for libraries,and people who helped, we have less than 320 books for sale. We had a lot of orders and around max. 145 books are available
    regards www.American-x.org