Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Honda

Nice find!

My first bike was a '66 Honda Dream 300. Still in running condition but, I'm on a year(s) long search for mufflers.

Hi Dave, to have your first bike is remarkable. Good for you. I've had Dreams too over the years and I really liked the ride. Smooth and well cushioned. I had a 250 with
    serial # 400001. Finally figured out it was the first one built for the 1966 model year. Engine # was 400002. In real nice shape. 110% original.(it had accessories) Should have kept it. Muffler was like new. I was told and read that Honda always destroyed the first couple of bikes in testing. Guess that's not true. I thought I had heard that somebody is re-popping mufflers for your bike. Good luck on your search.

Those Repop mufflers were something like $1200. Here is my all original (Except Mufflers) 1965 305 Dream. I used aftermarket EMGO mufflers on mine. I think they look nice and also sound good. Plus... they were only about $125 for the pair!
    Jims 1965 Honda CA77 305.jpg
    Last edited by Jim; 02-06-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Nice original. And those mufflers don't look too bad for repops. Can't beat the price. Love the whitewalls too. And it looks like you may have original tank badges.
    Please don't restore it. I really like the original bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by pem View Post
    Nice original. And those mufflers don't look too bad for repops. Can't beat the price. Love the whitewalls too. And it looks like you may have original tank badges.
    Please don't restore it. I really like the original bikes.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I really have been on the fence about restoring it... and that is why after almost 4 years, it is still original. I am actually leaning towards keeping it all original, except for the mufflers and I will have to buy new tires eventually. I also may clean the aluminum and chrome as best as I can though. Chrome has pitting, and aluminum has that DULL oxidized look to it. The whitewall tires are original tires (probably tubes too) and the rear tire has minimal tread left on it... they even have original CRACKS in them! HAHA! The tank badges are the metal replacements they used. They are not the original "Plastic" ones that had the 300 on them. Yeah, I thought those mufflers looked pretty good too! Certainly much better than the completely rusted away muffler it had on it when I got it. The mufflers I bought are Emgo Megaphone Universal Muffler 80-84034.
    Jim

AMCA #6520