Thread: New No. CA member

Default New No. CA member

Hey All! I've been riding, seems like my whole life. I've always loved old bikes and tinkering. Well, I've reached the age where I can have one dependable bike, and one to tinker on.

I just bought a 1942 WLA bobber. It has parts from various years on it so I will be on the technical forums alot trying to sort it all out.

Anyway, it will be nice chatting with y'all and hope to see you on the road!

Glad to see ya! We like photos(hint hint)!
    Rich Inmate #7084

Welcome! Whereabouts in northern California are you located? If you can make it to Sacramento you'll find the Fort Sutter chapter. A great group of folks if I do say so myself. And yeah, we love photos round here.
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

I'll try and get some better ones. I'm in Napa. I've been to the meet in Dixon.
    My plan is to get this bike like a G.I. would have built after the war. I have some WLA parts, I believe original, in case I want to go that direction some day. I'm sure I won't spend the $$$ to make it 100%correct.
    I am sorting out the tranny right now. I have 47 and after tanks, servicar tranny, that I need to link up to the 1942 frame. I'm hoping the 47 and up 3 speed gate will match up. Don't want to put it in reverse while going down the road!

I had a lock-out on my (Civ)WLA to prevent accidents. My gravel driveway was a 100 ft long uphill curve. I tried backing up the full length several times-feet up . . . never quite made it.
    0224131422[1].jpg
    You never know til you try!
    Rich Inmate #7084

Too funny!