Thread: Costs, Sources, and Suggestions for Paint.

Default Costs, Sources, and Suggestions for Paint.

As I look at bikes, I am convinced that one thing I will probably have to do to any bike I buy is have it repainted. So many bikes are painted non standard colors, have automotive clear coats or have paint that is really tired. I am interested in going with single stage paints more like original and most likely a two tone combo. I love the black tank and fender tops with the brighter red fender sides and chain guard. Regardless, what type of budget are we looking at for a single stage enamel paint job that will cut the mustard for judging? What sources have you had success with? I am in the West Michigan area, any good painters that you can recommend in my area?

Thx

Jeff

Do you plan to disassemble and deliver parts to paint shop and then reassemble when done, or are you looking for a turn key job.
    Jason Z
    AMCA #21594
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

I would do all the wrenching, just looking for an experienced painter that knows how to paint these bikes correctly.

This guy is in west Michigan http://www.mitchertcustompainting.com/index.html
    I use ppg single stage + catalyst, any auto paint shop can do a good job.
    The key is explaining what you are doing and why, if they pay attention they can do a good job, if they don't listen or give cookbook answers find someone who listens.

First you need to chose a color. Jerry Greers has the Indian paint formula for most Indian colors. The number for the list is JG 3262. I used PPG Concept. This paint is not allowed to be used in California. I had to go out of state to find my paint. Which is two stage paint. I am very happy the way the paint turned out. Everything was around 200.00 for a qt, and hardener .includes shipping and tax. Stan