Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need info on Stahl's engine.

The back crankcase on this engine says C.V Stahl across it.

Not sure how to upload pictures of similar engine that I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steveland; 05-12-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Ok, Figured out how to ad pictures. Mine is quite similar. This is a massive engine and seems to be earlier then the engine in a circa 1911 CV stahl that I've seen pictures of recently (maybe either pacer or racer). Mine also has remnants of a Curtis carburetor, which I suspect would make it earlier as well. Doing research recently I ran across mention of engines as early as 1906 that were made for fitting into diamond frames. I believe thats what this is. Mine still has the frame brackets attached and seems like it would fit into diamond frame (A large diamond frame!). I live just a few blocks from Diamond St where these were made and had to have it, In fact, I did a trade with Harry Buck that included the rear wheel of the Killinger and Freund to own this baby years ago. Unfortunately, he didn't know anything about it's history. It's really interesting to see another similar engine. Some day I hope to find a suitable frame! Any more info on these Early C V Stahls would be appreciated!