Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kurt Von Zech - Buyer Beware

I posted earlier that I had problems with this vendor too. I wanted to add the details. I first found him on the tagtoppers web site. We talked and decided on a color Hi Fi blue. I sent him my front fender , tank, petcock, rear fender and tail light , decals and 750.00 dollars This was in July of 2011. He called back and said my chain guard was in bad shape, It was so he i sent him some money for a reconditioned one, and got one back very nice no problem. Then I decided i wanted to get aluminum rims instead of the chrome ones that were on the bike. We talked and work out I deal I sent him the money my old rims and tires plus another 250 he wanted for paint work plus the money for the rims. About 2 week later got the new rims tires mounted very nice. He had told me originally the paint would take six weeks. He sent me a picture of a tank , fenders painted silver the base coat for HI Fi blue. That was about it he told me the decals i sent him bubbled up so I sent him another set. Then it was one excuse after another. Finally after a year I got new fenders tank and had them painted by a vendor off the Harley Hummer site he had done work for me before on some hummers I had ( should have just used him to begin with) After hundreds of emails last winter I contacted him and told him my bike was already painted. I said send me an original front fender (mine is repop) doesn't have to be painted I wanted to get rid of my buckhorn handlebars and I knew he had the other styles. I told him to send me a set of the handlebars and my tail light and petcock. and we would call it even. I got front fender,(not to bad) nice handle bars for 66 xlch mag slot on left) my tail light no petcock. So I did get some stuff but in the end He has 950 bucks my tank , petcock rear fender my front one but he did send another and a very expensive set of handlebars.

Update: The list of those screwed by this guy grows. Hopefully we will hear from this individual first hand.

Also, I was speaking to Rick who sells on eBay as ABCgang who also does business in Florida. I was trying to discern if the carb on my bike originally came from Rick. He mentioned that Kurt still owed him money from a parts deal several years ago.

Z

I am warning people on three different forums. For more horror, please go the the XLForum here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaemo View Post
    He's just North of Tampa in Ellenton.
    Z
    Actually, Ellenton is just north of Sarasota, on the Manatee river and about 35 miles south of Tampa. Florida is a haven for crooks, grifters, bums, and lowlifes; particularly this time of year.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

OK 2 things here fellas.... I would like to set some facts straight here.... I've know Kurt for 5 plus years and have always had a perfect business / friendship during that time. I'm not here to defend him but inform those interested that my deal with Kurt was personal, only made the comment that he owed me money JOKINGLY with the brief conversation with Zaemo. The funny part is I forgot about it because it was part of a deal we made for $200.00 and it never materialized. I called Kurt and he said he still has the part safe and sound. Now here I thought the call was regarding Carb was for sales or repairs but here it is now I see it was used as ammo to further damage someones name. Not cool. Someone famous once said even the thinnest slice of ham has two sides.... And as for Eric Smith... coming from a Floridian and Sunshine Chapter member your insult about Florida was rude and out of line. Hope to see a retraction on your part.
    Last edited by A.Sinner; 12-17-2015 at 07:00 AM.

I've lived in Florida for 47 years and I will not retract my statement about the dirtbags that flock to Florida for the weather, so they can take what they want, screw the elderly, na´ve', and trusting. Florida has been raped by the sorriest low lifes on the planet who have killed native wildlife, and paved over everything green so they can build mc mansions to themselves, and make a fast buck. Florida was a beautiful place years ago but all of that is rapidly becoming a memory. I will retract my criticism of this Kurt guy because I don't know him, and it's not right to pass judgment on someone without all the facts.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Just want to make it clear on my previous post. we came to an agreement to end our transaction and as far as I am concerned it is complete.

"The funny part is I forgot about it because it was part of a deal we made for $200.00 and it never materialized. I called Kurt and he said he still has the part safe and sound. Now here I thought the call was regarding Carb was for sales or repairs but here it is now I see it was used as ammo to further damage someones name. Not cool."

Rick,
    I have a long list of "Not Cool" regarding that guy. If you recall, I discovered that you knew him late in our conversation about carbs. I purchased a DC-12 carb from you on eBay either before or after our conversation. A carb I might add that I had to take apart to paint the base because it was raw steel and began rusting almost immediately, but I digress.

KVZ is the only one damaging his own name. I still get messages about him screwing people.
    I highly doubt that he has your part or he would have given it to you.

Z
    Last edited by Zaemo; 10-27-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Interesting goings on involving Kurt. I met him in 2009, bought parts from him, all good btw, was at his home and he brokered/found a nice original XLCH I was looking for to ad to my collection. My dealing with him ended in 2011 and I lost track of him until I read what some of you have experienced. Bummer.

Regarding Mr. Eric Smith's comments/experience/observations, I have only resided here since 2008 but have not stayed sheltered in regards to cycle dealings/auto dealing or other buy/sell and I am inclined to agree, there seems to be a lot of people ready, willing and able to take your money in exchange for...well not exactly what was being offered and dressed up with some kind of BS story regarding said item(s)! But to date I believe they are still in the minority of residents! Lots of great folks here in the Sunshine State.

A very wise man I met who spent a good long time in Florida once remarked to me, "Florida, home of the wanted and unwanted". Take that for what its worth! Best wishes to all for the New Year. Tom