Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMCA virulent library

Default AMCA virulent library

Has anyone successfully got anything from the virtual library? I've been trying to get a 1916 H-D riders handbook today. I've been unsuccessful in getting the book, but I have been very successful in getting pissed off. Also, is it not a bit mercenary to charge $20 for a digital copy of something I have to print out on my own cheap Office Depot paper? If I've done something wrong; prove me wrong. I have no problem apologizing.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

When you get to the last stage the price goes to zero for members. At least it does for me and everyone else I've talked to about it. And you can put better paper in your printer...
    Just my experience.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I'll try again.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

All I get are error codes. Maybe it doesn't work on weekends; I'll try tomorrow.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    All I get are error codes. Maybe it doesn't work on weekends; I'll try tomorrow.
    Hmmm...something's wrong there, like Robbie said you go all the way through like you're going to have to pay for it but if you enter your member number and name it should be no charge when all is said and done. Eric, you all paid up on dues? :-). Seriously, it's worked like that for me at least half a dozen times.
    Pisten Bulley is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

I did have to re-register, and put my credit card info on file. Everything went fine up to the final submit button, then it shows an error. On a positive note; everything else on the AMCA website works fine for me
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric,

Our database does not have your email address listed. If you could please send me a private email to AMCAExecutiveDirector@gmail.com giving me your email address, I will be happy to see what is going on. The reason I need the email address is to verify it is correct in the Virtual Library system. Once we have that verified we can get your Free item to you.

Keith

Thank you Keith. It's possible there is an email address conflict there as I have 2 addresses. Perhaps I registered years ago. The mind is the first to go, they say
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I tried again at 10:15 this morning and it worked like a charm. I think it is due to Keith Kizer, so thank you very much Keith.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    I tried again at 10:15 this morning and it worked like a charm. I think it is due to Keith Kizer, so thank you very much Keith.
    Durn! I was hoping he'd get skunked, so's I'd have company in my complaining corner.
    Okay Keith, I'm gonna look for something I want. .... keep your ears on!