Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: AMCA Membership fees to increase to $40 in July

Golly Eric,

Three Chapters in the space of one? Maybe they can't make up their minds either.

Just to try to stay on on the hijack topic at least:
    The AMCA Library should be a comprehensive collection of all information available, freely available to all, or all will not freely contribute.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Golly Eric,

Three Chapters in the space of one? Maybe they can't make up their minds either.

Just to try to stay on on the hijack topic at least:
    The AMCA Library should be a comprehensive collection of all information available, freely available to all, or all will not freely contribute.

....Cotten
    Not responding to you necessarily, Tom (I do agree, tho)...
    I feel that a library expansion will be expensive, requiring a separate "investment" of us. And I'm curious as to who and how we got what exists now. The person who can answer that should be available to suggest the terms we're facing in making the library what we might be satisfied with (for beginners).

Couple thoughts on the library- and "..join a chapter and get involved.." The AMCA says we got this cool library, feel free to use it . . . And invite folks/members to contribute information . . . that doesn't get entered when it IS contributed. Maybe they should emphasize LIMITED information is available...?
    What does "
    join a chapter and get involved" have to do with that? I'm dead center in the middle of one of the largest chapters in the country, yet I don't know of a single member in reasonable driving distance that I can pop in on and maybe ask-or answer-a question or two. So. I have to rely pretty much on what information can be gleaned on this wireless contraption.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Lucky me, Folks,...

I deduct my dues as a business expense.
    But with no Meet in my region, and little personal interest in the magazine, its come down to annoying some on this forum that makes my membership worthwhile!

.....Cotten
    .... and we sure hope you decide to keep on annoying us sir!
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Quote Originally Posted by exeric View Post
    ... I believe a library should be set up using this forum template, with categories representing the major marques. Contributors would dictate the best route, and it would be a flexible work in progress, that could change, and grow over many years because of many members ideas.
    Eric, this is a great idea but at least let me explain one of the major issues. Scanning a document is fairly easy for the computer savvey people. Phil, I'm not talking to you. The problem is saving it in a way that works on the Internet without the file being massive. Mark has come up with a great set of instructions of what he goes through to scan a document properly. Unfortunately unless you have the right kind of scanner and the knowledge on how to use it, it is not for the faint of heart. I hate that the can keeps getting kicked down the road but we will get it right in time and open the world to hundreds of more documents.

Dear Keith, I sent in digitised files for the 1919 Lake and the 1950s Rikuo a year ago and still haven't seen these on the Virtual Library yet. How much of a backlog is there?