Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: help/carb

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Central Illinois, USA


    The link just blinks at me, Folks.

    When enough threads can be "picked up" for re-cutting, I take them down to 11/16"-20 for special bowlnuts that I commissioned from FickauPrototypes.
    This is the most economical approach.

    However, quite often this is not possible.
    When I developed my removeable appliance, I managed to keep the stub as meaty as possible. Even turning threads to 5/8" would be a compromise, so it is turned to 5/8" round, and retained internally with 7/16"-20 threads.

    I also use a fuel-proof coating to prevent future corrosion over the entire bowlstem and bowl interior.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-06-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

  2. #12


    Tom is right - pins are bad news! I don't use them. I've been doing the thread repair for about 15 years now and never had one come back. I've got nearly 20K miles on the DLX124 I repaired for my 440. There are a couple of guys out there doing good repairs on the pot metal bodies. Here's one I did recently - owner very happy after 001.jpgbefore 001.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts