Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMCA Board Approves Two New Chapters

Most of these "local" chapters are more than an hour away from where I am located. What is the difference between the AMCA dues and local chapter dues? I don't belong to any local chapters, just curious as I already pay my AMCA
    That's funny. My "local" chapter is five hours away. The next closest are ten and twelve hours away.
    National dues have nothing to do with chapter dues, two separate entities.
    And there could be two different chapters in the exact same location if folks wanted them. Just like the clubs in the old days. Some chapters like riding, some like shows and swap meets. Join the one (or ones) that suit your needs.
    Last edited by Rubone; 02-21-2015 at 06:54 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

I think it's important to support a chapter. I left one chapter, and joined another and it cost me $10.00. That is dirt cheap considering how much the volunteers do, and even if you only go to one weenie roast, it's money well spent. I'm not trying to 'guilt' anyone, in any way because that is a decision you are totally entitled too. It's just a nice way to possibly meet some people with a common interest.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

The Bear Mountain Chapter often meets in West Milford, very close to Bergen County.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    The Bear Mountain Chapter often meets in West Milford, very close to Bergen County.
    I'll agree that the Bear Mountain chapter is closer than the Hudson Valley chapter for me. But I still think that a chapter for the areas of Bergen/Passaic/Hudson/Essex counties would attract people because these areas are densely populated.

Where in West Milford do they meet? Is that the starting point for rides?

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

Quote Originally Posted by HD48FL View Post
    I'll agree that the Bear Mountain chapter is closer than the Hudson Valley chapter for me. But I still think that a chapter for the areas of Bergen/Passaic/Hudson/Essex counties would attract people because these areas are densely populated.

Where in West Milford do they meet? Is that the starting point for rides?
    We meet at the Pioneer Bar and Grill on Warwick Turnpike in Hewitt, (Upper Greenwood Lake), N.J. usually on a Sunday at noon. You listed Passaic County as one of your areas and that is where we meet. I lived in Bergen county for almost 50 years and one of the reasons we meet where we do, is because there is not the hustle and bustle of Rt. 17 or Rt. 4 where the speed limit is 50 or so, and they blast by you at 75 on the shoulder, blowing the horn and saluting you, if they are in a hurry to get to church. We don't want any of that insane traffic that is not conductive to riding an old bike with 15-20 other riders. Our Vice President, Angelo Di Censo, rides his Pan from White Plains in Westchester to the meetings. Bob Hoene, our Treasurer, rides from Piermont ,N.Y. As soon as they reach Rt. 17 in Suffern/Sloatsburg they take all back roads. As you stated that area is extremely densely populated, something we try to avoid.

We usually meet for the rides at the meeting place or about 15-20 minutes from the meeting location out in Pine Island, N.Y. but will be changing up the meeting place periodicly for rides this season. We will try meeting up at the tower on Perkins Memorial Drive by Bear Mountain in Harriman State Park to do some rides near there or on the other side of the river.

I don't know where you live in Bergen, but it is only a ride out Rt.208 to Skyline Drive, at the end turn right on Greenwood Lake Turnpike and follow past the reservoirs, go thru Greenwood lake and keep right at the deli and go straight up the mountain to the meeting place. It's located on the right at the only traffic light up on top of the mountain .Take you on an old bike about 45 mins. or less to get there depending on where you are. I don't know how much more convieniant it needs to be for you but PM me your contact or e-mail me and I'll let you know when the next meeting is. Right now, it looks like Sunday March 22nd I think it is, but will confirm this.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 02-22-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Congratulation D.A. on the new chapter. It is a lot of work, but very rewarding to be involved in leading a chapter.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet August 3/4 2018 NEW LOCATION at the TERRYVILLE FAIRGROUNDS, Terryville CT http://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN873x...ir&FORM=SNAPST
    Yankeechapter.org
    pocketvalve@gmail.com
    JD enthusiasts: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/harleyjd/

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Congratulation D.A. on the new chapter. It is a lot of work, but very rewarding to be involved in leading a chapter.
    Thanks Dan. It took a while and yes, a lot of work, but with the support and encouragement from the others that wanted this to happen, it was worth every minute. We have a great group here, that love to get together on a regular basis and have fun riding our old junk.

Yes, it is a lot of fun. That's what it's all about.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 02-23-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

The new "Bear Mountain Chapter of the A.M.C.A." is having a meeting on Sunday, March 22nd, 12 noon, at the location described in previous posts. For any further information you can P.M. me or call me directly at Nine One 4, 5 two 3, three 5 three 1. As most A.M.C.A. clubs, we are a family oriented social and riding group of men and women that enjoy all aspects of the national club. All are welcome and invited, whether a member of our chapter or not, irregardless of the type of motorcycle, age of the bike, or the member. LOL. Stop on by to see what we are about and if you would like to join up. As mentioned before, we will be planning numerous rides and social activities over the course of the riding season for all to enjoy.

HD48FL
    It takes only eight AMCA members to start a new AMCA Chapter. Send your address in a PM or to frednan2@gmail and I'll mail a New Chapter Packet to you. You can look over the requirements and decide if you would like to start a Chapter in your area. AMCA National has a way for you to reach out to members in your area.

BTW: We approved the new Smoky Mountain Chapter at the Board meeting last Thur. They are in north Georgia.

Best, Fred.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Just a reminder, the Bear Mountain Chapter meeting is tomorrow, Sunday the 22nd, 12 noon. Contact info is in post 18 if you need it. All are welcome.