Thread: Headlight for 27 JD

Default Headlight for 27 JD

I have a question about the headlight for the 27JD.

What type of wire connector does the headlight have... or not ? That is, is there an actual connector attached to the headlight, the wires connect to ?

Or, do the wires simply enter the headlight through a hole with a grommet in the shell ?

The reason i am asking, is confusion i seem to have, looking at my original 22-27 parts book compared with the 27-31 parts book.

In the 22-27 parts book, the 4901-26 headlight complete assembly, distinctly appears to have a rubber grommet the wires pass through.

In the 27-31 parts book, the 4901-26 headlight complete assembly, the headlight very clearly has some sort of connector protruding from the headlight which appears to have some sort of a nut near the end of the protrusion, i am guessing bakelite and knurled....

the 27-31 parts book also shows 4904-27, headlight body, for 27-28 models, the headlight body which simply has a hole in it. The 22-27 parts book calls for the 4904-27 part, but shows no picture of the part.

Looking at pictures i have of original 26, 27 and 28 machines, appears the 26 has the protruding connector and the 27-28 headlights have simply a hole with a robber grommet.... ?

Thanks for your help answering this one !

Here you go.
    As far as I'm aware 1926 is a one year only headlight and it is the one in the first photo and has the protruding spud for the wiring loom connector.
    The 1927-28 headlight is the second photo and as you say has a hole for the loom to go through.
    The third photo is the connector plug for the 1926 headlight.
    And the final photo is the two headlights together.
    Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.