Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMCA Website Suggestion?

The AMCA web seems real sluggish the past couple days, don't think it's my pc as all others seem to work ok.
    Are website changes pending? The home page is B O O O R I N G . . .
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by frichie68 View Post
    The AMCA web seems real sluggish the past couple days, don't think it's my pc as all others seem to work ok.
    Are website changes pending? The home page is B O O O R I N G . . .
    I can't agree with the "sluggish", since I'm pretty slow anyway.
    I see new colors, maybe a few newer videos, a few new items in the library, but since I don't visit the library often enough to keep current I just don't feel qualified to say anything.
    But as an un-qualified flame-thrower I'll say it anyway: there is a same-ness to the new-ness, and I'm still in-equipped to tell the diff.

Ouch! Okay point taken.

We spent a couple of hundred hours rebuilding the new website a few months ago and I have to admit that getting back to keeping fresh content on the home page is my fault. I need help! I can easily post new chapter news if I can get in the habit of requesting it from the chapters. I'll work on that and see if the "Club News" section on the front page can start to have current information, at least on a weekly basis. As they say, "not enough of my butt to go around." - Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Kizer View Post
    I need help!
    Not certain if this was a request for help or just a comment, If you ever need assistence I have experince in webs and forums, not looking for full time work but could certainly assist if the going gets tough.

Bob
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Ouch! Okay point taken.

We spent a couple of hundred hours rebuilding the new website a few months ago and I have to admit that getting back to keeping fresh content on the home page is my fault. I need help! I can easily post new chapter news if I can get in the habit of requesting it from the chapters. I'll work on that and see if the "Club News" section on the front page can start to have current information, at least on a weekly basis. As they say, "not enough of my butt to go around." - Keith
    Keith, I've made a timid suggestion several times with regard to a "tech session", a little seminar that would help illiterates like me learn how to navigate and appreciate the contents of our web site. Perhaps the web site IS full of what I want; I just can't find it, maybe.
    Must admit, though, at a swap meet I'm so interested in real things that I would probably skip "class". .. but maybe not... If you send a tutor to the Viking meet I'll be in the front row with my laptop. ...... see you there?
    btw, we hosted the Cushman Nationals Drags at our spring break-out last weekend. Pretty informal, lots of fun, ...... no casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by fillibuster View Post
    Keith, I've made a timid suggestion several times with regard to a "tech session", a little seminar that would help illiterates like me learn how to navigate and appreciate the contents of our web site. Perhaps the web site IS full of what I want; I just can't find it, maybe.
    Must admit, though, at a swap meet I'm so interested in real things that I would probably skip "class". .. but maybe not... If you send a tutor to the Viking meet I'll be in the front row with my laptop. ...... see you there?
    btw, we hosted the Cushman Nationals Drags at our spring break-out last weekend. Pretty informal, lots of fun, ...... no casualties.
    Good idea for seminar. I'm sorry I will not be at the Viking meet this year due to overlap with Rhinebeck but I will next year. Let me add that to my list of seminars to develop and hopefully we can make that work. Cushman Drags! I'm sorry I missed that. Was there any nitro involved?

Good idea for seminar. I'm sorry I will not be at the Viking meet this year due to overlap with Rhinebeck but I will next year. Let me add that to my list of seminars to develop and hopefully we can make that work. Cushman Drags! I'm sorry I missed that. Was there any nitro involved?
    No nitro, but we laid some rubber!
    Most of the bikes there did a hot lap, ... or two!

If you want to attract younger people to the forum, you need to include a twitter feed somehow. Younger people don't like the old bulletin board style news updates. They don't want to receive an email or have to go to a link, then scroll through messages.
    Kevin Sisterson

Quote Originally Posted by kjsisterson View Post
    If you want to attract younger people to the forum, you need to include a twitter feed
    Kevin Sisterson
    Good idea Kevin. I hate twitter myself, but you are correct it is a better way to communicate SHORT messages to members and especially the younger ones. I'll work on that.

I wish to applaud Executive Director Keith Kizer and the entire AMCA Board for designing, building and maintaining a new fresh and very high quality website for all AMCA Members. It is bright, easy to navigate, and has a multitude of representative pictures of the wide cross section of the AMCA membership interests. It was long overdue and most people have no idea how much work it takes to do a website. The end result is something for all to be proud of.

Thank You
    Steve Klein, President / Editor
    Cherokee Chapter of the AMCA
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    AMCA #12176
    The Klein Collection
    TXUSA