Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by c.o. View Post
    That turned out to be a pretty darn good story there Shaky! It was a pleasure meeting you and Paul and I hope to cross paths again sometime. I'm also going to be paying close attention to your build. I know you're going to do a good job.
    Looking forward to the build there Shaky Jake also welcome to the world of sidecars.........And Cory, it's good to put a face to the name, I trust you are not liquidating all of your hacks? still have the Pan/ HD sidecar.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
    And Cory, it's good to put a face to the name...
    Chuck... not sure I could exactly put a, well, face with a name... Could Cory have been an extra in my favorite movie... Life of Brian...?

Just 'sayin...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Cheers,

Sirhr

(Sorry Cory... could not resist)

That turned out to be a pretty darn good story there Shaky! It was a pleasure meeting you and Paul and I hope to cross paths again sometime. I'm also going to be paying close attention to your build. I know you're going to do a good job.
    It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Cory. I think I detect a little beardage envy in the crowd, eh?
    Here is a list of events that I am planning on this summer, if you make it to any of them knock on the door of the black Work-N-Play camper and I promise I'll have a beer.

National MC Museum, Anamosa IA, June 7 & 8
    Viking Chapter Nat'l Meet, St. Paul MN, June 13 - 15
    AMA Vintage MC Days, Lexington OH, July 11 - 13
    AMCA Wauseon Nat'l Meet, Wauseon OH, July 18 - 20
    Chief Blackhawk Int'l Meet, Davenport IA, August 28 - 30
    And in the fall, if I can get off work, Barber Vintage Festival, October 10 - 12, Birmingham AL

Am I missing any?

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
    Looking forward to the build there Shaky Jake also welcome to the world of sidecars..........
    Thanks Chuck. It was a sidecar thread on Advrider where I first saw Cory's ad.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
    That's one of the things I loved about your travelogue... because I made a similar trip in to northern Canada (up on the shores of Lake Huron)... in December 2010 or so... to buy my Knuck. 2 days of driving each way into some horrible snow squalls. But the result was my dream EL and meeting a guy who is still a friend and whose bike (he owned it for some 40 years) I treasure.

My experience at customs was similar. I'd called in advance and other than the customs guys all wanting to ride it and joking that they needed to impound it until Spring so they could check out its road-worthiness... Customs was a walk. If it's made in USA... it comes back to USA no charge.

So your posts were not only fun to read, but brought back good memories. Again, thanks!

Cheers and look forward to your build.

Sirhr
    Glad you enjoyed the posts. I may have worried too much about the border crossing. I've crossed quite a few, and it all comes down to who's guarding the gate when you get there, and which side of the bed they got up on that morning. Usually it goes pretty smooth, but I could tell you some stories.

Good thread, cool story, great photos!
    Rich

QUOTE=Chuck#1848;140135] I trust you are not liquidating all of your hacks? still have the Pan/ HD sidecar.[/QUOTE]

The Pan and the LE are still here. No plans at this point for that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by sirhrmechanic View Post

Cheers,

Sirhr

(Sorry Cory... could not resist)
    "Now look, no one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle! Do you understand? " You did what you had to do Sirhr, resisting was futile.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky Jake View Post
    It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Cory. I think I detect a little beardage envy in the crowd, eh?
    Here is a list of events that I am planning on this summer, if you make it to any of them knock on the door of the black Work-N-Play camper and I promise I'll have a beer.

National MC Museum, Anamosa IA, June 7 & 8
    Viking Chapter Nat'l Meet, St. Paul MN, June 13 - 15
    AMA Vintage MC Days, Lexington OH, July 11 - 13
    AMCA Wauseon Nat'l Meet, Wauseon OH, July 18 - 20
    Chief Blackhawk Int'l Meet, Davenport IA, August 28 - 30
    And in the fall, if I can get off work, Barber Vintage Festival, October 10 - 12, Birmingham AL

Am I missing any?

Kevin
    Looks like you forgot Dixon..... That's a pretty impressive line up nonetheless! I don't know if I'll make it south this year, but if I do, I'll be watchin' for ya!

"Beardage envy".... that's a good one. I don't know though.... in the last two weeks I've had two different people ask me if I was trying to look like the Duck Dynasty guys. The beard may have to go. It's more of a winter thing anyway.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Looks like you forgot Dixon..... That's a pretty impressive line up nonetheless! I don't know if I'll make it south this year, but if I do, I'll be watchin' for ya!

"Beardage envy".... that's a good one. I don't know though.... in the last two weeks I've had two different people ask me if I was trying to look like the Duck Dynasty guys. The beard may have to go. It's more of a winter thing anyway.

Dixon would be a three day drive for me. Maybe it's worth it though?

I hear that chicks dig Duck Dynasty... besides, is summer in BC even worth shaving for? Maybe if it falls on a weekend...
    Last edited by Shaky Jake; 05-05-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky Jake View Post
    Dixon would be a three day drive for me. Maybe it's worth it though?

I hear that chicks dig Duck Dynasty... besides, is summer in BC even worth shaving for? Maybe if it falls on a weekend...
    July gets pretty hot..........
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953