Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BoschZEV View Post
    It struck me as a pretty big jump to go from hardened steel, to plastic, but going on a recommendation you trust makes sense.
    Call me a risk taker. ;-)

Kevin

One more thing on the swingarm. This is the bolt that threads into the frame and clamps the swingarm pivot in place. It's supposed to have a little nub on the end to engage that hole in the pivot shaft.

I could have made a new one, but I decided to renub the old one instead.

Kevin

Hi Jake, they look very clean and shiny, are they for your original engine or for the second engine that you mentioned a little while ago?

John

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    Hi Jake, they look very clean and shiny, are they for your original engine or for the second engine that you mentioned a little while ago?

John
    It is my original Cannonball engine. There was almost no paint left on them, so I decided to blast and paint. Hopefully it won't stick out too much on my old paint bike. I didn't blast the timing cover, because it still has some original paint.

Kevin

I'm changing my piston design for the 2018 Cannonball. I've gone with a more full skirted design, which is more like the originals. They are quite a bit heavier, which will improve my balance factor without drilling a bunch of holes in my flywheels. It seems like a step backwards, but I think the additional surface area and mass will make them more robust in this air-cooled, sling-oiled, low RPM application. Time will tell. Also, I'm using buttons instead of clips. I didn't have any problems with the clips, but buttons tend to be more reliable and easier to install. The 2016 piston is on the left, 2018 on the right:

Kevin

I'm glad to see that you're making good progress. I was getting a little worried by the lack of posts for nearly two months.

Quote Originally Posted by BoschZEV View Post
    I'm glad to see that you're making good progress. I was getting a little worried by the lack of posts for nearly two months.
    Thanks for your concern. My job keeps me busy in the spring and fall. I've been working 13 hours a day 7 days a week for the last month and a half or so, away from home. I'll try to get things rolling again.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky Jake View Post
    My job keeps me busy in the spring and fall. I've been working 13 hours a day 7 days a week...
    That still leaves you with 11 hours a day to work on the Indian.

Don't forget to check your email because the motel reservation form arrived two hours ago. If you didn't get it, contact Lee Ann before all the 5 Star accommodations are booked.