Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    Hi Kevin,

You may not have time before the cannonball start but that broken part looks like it could be repaired by boring out the slotted piece and brazing a new one into place. The new slotted piece looks like it would be simple to make on a lathe and a mill. That way you can put the other part back on the racer.

Like I said it might have to wait until you get back if you dont have the time now.

John.
    Good idea. I think I'll do that.

Thanks.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    Hi Kevin,

You may not have time before the cannonball start but that broken part looks like it could be repaired by boring out the slotted piece and brazing a new one into place. The new slotted piece looks like it would be simple to make on a lathe and a mill. That way you can put the other part back on the racer.

Like I said it might have to wait until you get back if you don't have the time now.

John.
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I was viewing the images of the gooseneck. GOOD LUCK!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

In fact, I may just push the easy button and cut the three fingered wedge cone off of a bicycle gooseneck and attach it to the Indian gooseneck, rather than making one.

Kevin