Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

Thread: Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoir View Post
    Hi Jake, congratulations on completing your second cannonball. I followed with interest both your journey and also a couple of others.

You may have answered this already and if you have and I have missed it then sorry for the duplication.

How did the new re-engineered cam followers fare? Also what was the bike like with its revised timing?

John
    Thanks for asking John. I checked the cam followers when I replaced the magneto on day four I think was. They had a shiny spot where they had broken in, but no discernible wear. In 2016 I was the guy that everyone passed on the hills. This time I was passing everyone else on the hills. Trust me, it was way more fun this way.

Kevin

The member bike builds has been my favorite forum and this thread was very well done. Congrats Kevin on the accomplishment for competing two endurance runs. Later when you start to reflect and bring in a few more details I for one would like to hear of the performance of your rear suspension with the nylatron bushings you fabricated. I am sure it was an improvement with the repairs you made and it will be interesting to hear how the material endured over the nearly 4,000 miles.

Mike Love

Quote Originally Posted by ihrescue View Post
    The member bike builds has been my favorite forum and this thread was very well done. Congrats Kevin on the accomplishment for competing two endurance runs. Later when you start to reflect and bring in a few more details I for one would like to hear of the performance of your rear suspension with the nylatron bushings you fabricated. I am sure it was an improvement with the repairs you made and it will be interesting to hear how the material endured over the nearly 4,000 miles.

Mike Love
    Thanks Mike. I'll be sure and cover that in a future post.

Kevin