Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerplus or Bust, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
    Very cool Kevin, interesting too. I well have a look at mine just for fun, enjoyed the video and I am watching with much interest. Were the exhaust lifters as worn, or were they in better shape ? Very interested in trying to help the Powerplus breath atleast as good as they did back in their day - neat stuff.
    The exhausts don't seem to have the same problem, because they have a replaceable roller. You can get new rollers from Ziggy of Canada.
    The next question would be why don't the intake followers have rollers? I don't know, but I have thought about making some that do. One thing at a time, right?

Kevin

Default Compression Ratio

I measured the compression ratio. Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/1ldR3Zi_-sw

Let me know what you think.

Kevin

That's very interesting, Kevin. I would have thought it would be higher than that, too.
    Makes me wish I had paid a tad more attention in math class!
    Are you documenting the trans rebuild for us as well?

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by painterdale View Post
    That's very interesting, Kevin. I would have thought it would be higher than that, too.
    Makes me wish I had paid a tad more attention in math class!
    Are you documenting the trans rebuild for us as well?

Dale
    Yep.

Kevin

Here's what was going on in my shop last night.

https://youtu.be/KbA46UyVG44

After three prototypes of the Intake cam followers and two prototypes of the Intake lift levers, the design is now set. I have managed to improve the valve open duration by 86 degrees and the valve lift by .109 inches. We will proceed with making a set out of D2 tool steel to run in the engine.

Kevin

very interesting Kevin, looking good

It was a motor out kind of day. Patience is looking more and more like a bicycle every day.

Kevin

Patience's innards look pretty clean for an old girl that's been rode hard and put up wet.

Kevin

very cool, keep em coming Kevin. Trying to learn and I have a long way to go and thanks Gene for the reply :-)

A quick status of what is going on with Patience. I've got three Machinists and a magneto guy working on parts. New rocker bushings are being made, a spare cylinder is having fins and valve seats repaired, and the D2 for the cam followers is on order. I have oversized tappets coming from Sweden. I just got a box of new crank pins and pinions. Two transmission cases have been rebushed and are ready to assemble. The spare mag is being rebuilt by the same guy who did last years mag. I put an order in for more pistons. Now I can focus on the holidays. Hoping all of this will come together in January, and I can build a motor.

Wishing a blessed and merry Christmas to you and yours. Be well and happy.

Kevin