Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My free Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Rubone View Post
    Basket Case? I think not Eric. It would probably run in 30 minutes work...
    Agree... and I had the same thought when Eric referred to it as a basket case.

Now if we want a picture of a basket case!

I still think Eric scored with this bike! Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I think I know what a basket case is.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

If it's a quiz... I will guess numbers 2 and 5 ;-)

Not that the others are easy... but at least they will roll without putting them in a shopping basket.

How about some after pictures? Because those are some spectacular looking projects, Eric! It's the rare individual who is brave and talented enough to take those on!

Thanks for posting and cheers,

Sirhr

Eric, you know my ex-wife?

Wow... ya gotta love a batch of bikes like that! How'd that Merkel come out?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

This is how the Merkel looks today. I worked on it last year with the goal of being able to ride it around like a bicycle. That meant tons of frame work, and alignment. You really have to be in the mood to work on some motorcycles and that is why I have so much respect for the Isams. All of these early bikes are tough, but it is rewarding. When I get back on the Merk, I'll go after the motor which I think is in very good condition. The V-belt is going to be the challenge. Thanks for asking Cory; now, how's your 1916 Powerplus comming along?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric!!! That Merkel is sweet! That green grass is appealing too....

It appears as though I wasn't the fella to see the Powerplus through. I've passed it along to another forum member who will be actively searching for parts to complete the bike. He's a worthy candidate and I'm sure will do the machine justice.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

It appears as though I wasn't the fella to see the Powerplus through. I've passed it along to another forum member who will be actively searching for parts to complete the bike. He's a worthy candidate and I'm sure will do the machine justice.
    I commend you Cory,
    Not many can accept the hard facts. I struggle with those decisions daily.
    What did Clint say? "A man needs to know his limitations", or something along those lines. As I age I see the edges of my life more clearly...
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Very well said Robbie, I fight it everyday also. I am fighting it right this minute, I would like to go to Oley tomorrow but promised myself only Wauseon this year. Instead I'm planning to drive cross country again this summer to take my daughter to see the Redwoods. 2 years ago I was in your territory, remember, boy that went quick. Time is very precious. Check back with me Monday to see if I could hold out from Oley! I think addictions to rust are worse than other addictions.
    Bob Rice #6738

I know what you mean about Oley, Bob. I would have loved to go as I have a lot of friends that will be there; but there are two good reasons for staying home. . . Maybe three. First, it is very expensive just to be there, plane ticket, rental car, food, lodging, booze, etc. Second, prices for parts at Oley are high and you can add the costs from #1 to those parts. And lastly, most people should be home working on their bike, but shopping is a lot more fun than wrenching. All of this is sour grapes on my part because I wish I had gone
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886