Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: 27 JD Restoration

Steve, I just read your whole thread start to finish. Great story, great bike. Thanks for sharing this journey on the board. I really enjoyed it. -Matt in Montana
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile....
    -good ol GD

Matt, thank you for taking time to read the story of my JD. Welcome to the discussion board. Montana is a great state. I am guessing good 'ol GD is your grandfather...? what do you have for bikes?

Thanks for the welcome Steve. Gd stands for grateful dead. I'm a huge fan and have been for years. I currently ride a 1937 U. My father was very into old Harleys till health reasons forced him to quit riding. He rode a 61 pan all over the country and had a 41 knuck as well. He bought me 3 aeromachi sprints when I was 15 for $500. I made one run out of the three and so began my love for old bikes.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile....
    -good ol GD

ound pieces of Edelmann spotlights on ebay to make one good one, the switch handle on the LH lite is nickle, the RH is bakelite. i have another spotlight with a nickle switch handle on the way, so hopefully i can swap out the bakelite switch handle for the nickle handle.

20190812_194431.jpg20190812_194500.jpg