Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 27 JD Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by MMasa View Post
    Steve
    What's the make and part number of that sealed lead acid battery?
    My friend Geoff Erdos makes that case that Replicant sells and I'm sure Geoff would like to know about a battery that fits. Especially a 14AH battery.
    Thanks
    Mark Masa
    Mark, this is the exact same battery i purchased today - SLAA6-14A

link to actual battery - https://www.batteriesplus.com/Batter...0013/SLAA6=14A

were original batteries 20 amp hours ?

due to battery's 5-1/2" height, i had to lay (sealed) battery on it's side for it to fit, but with high density foam, it's exactly perfect. the inside of the case is 5" tall. there is another 1/4" height on inside of cover, so if one tries to fit battery upright, there is approximately a 1/4" gap between top of case and bottom of cover. even with this gap, the case with battery in it will fit inside the steel battery box.

ps - i just sent you a pm
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 05-17-2016 at 10:42 PM. Reason: ps......

well, i was puttering around the shop with little to do, waiting on parts for a couple projects and was about ready to leave shop and i suddenly became possessed with the idea to start the JD......... i had spoke earlier in the day to a friend and he asked if i had started the bike yet, of course i said no....... the conversation apparently could not leave my head. i had turned the lights off over my bench and was just getting ready to turn off the main shop lights when i did an about face, went over to a can of gas i had, dumped in what little there was in the reserve tank. i then turned the gas on, no leaks anywhere, so gave 2 "prime" kicks. put it on "start" and kick #1, nothing. kick #2 and she fired and stayed running. and did not quit. DAMN !!!! WOW !!!! ME OH MY OH ME OH MY !!!! so, i turned the fan on. let it run about 3 minutes. responded perfectly to retard and advance, lovely chug, chug a chug chug, chug a chug.. a bit rich, but not by much. Generator generates current. can't figure out how to up/down or whatever load the video from my phone to my computer..... will get my camera, i think i will have better luck with it. MORE TO COME ! i will bet it's been at least 50-60 years since this engine has run !!!!! what a wonderful thing to resurrect a motorcycle from the dead.
    Last edited by Steve Swan; 05-31-2016 at 09:16 PM.

A little excited were ya? OUTSTANDING-OH MY GAWD THAT'S FUN!!!
    Rich Inmate #7084

That is awesome Steve. Well done!

Hey Steve, Congratulations! It's such a thrill when, after so much time, it becomes alive. Good job!

Fantastic news Steve.

I love it when you bring a motor back from the dead, it is a unique feeling and I always get a big thrill from it.

John

congrats on blow n smoke..
    gww57.com

Too cool! Congratulations! Dale