Thread: 1939 Leafspring Fork Wedge

Default 1939 Leafspring Fork Wedge

I have an NOS 1939 fork wedge for a 4 Cylinder it measures 5/16" I need a 1/4" for my chief. Does anyone have one to trade? Please let me know. Thanks Ric

Quote Originally Posted by RicD13 View Post
    I have an NOS 1939 fork wedge for a 4 Cylinder it measures 5/16" I need a 1/4" for my chief. Does anyone have one to trade? Please let me know. Thanks Ric
    What is the wedge used for? The reason being when I took my four leaf spring apart it had a horse shoe shaped thing under the clamp. I never thought much about it, and never put it back. Is this what you are talking about. Stan

The wedge angles the leaf spring in an upward angle for better handling and ride. I don't know what you have that is "U" shaped the Indian part is a wedge the width of the spring and as long as the fork either 5/16 or 1/4 inches at one side and to almost nothing at the other end. Look here for what it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/251420721679...84.m1438.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by RicD13 View Post
    The wedge angles the leaf spring in an upward angle for better handling and ride. I don't know what you have that is "U" shaped the Indian part is a wedge the width of the spring and as long as the fork either 5/16 or 1/4 inches at one side and to almost nothing at the other end. Look here for what it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/251420721679...84.m1438.l2649
    Never seen one before. Thanks for posting a picture. I guess someone just found the closest thing available and stuck it under the spring on my four. Stan

Trade Made. Thanks Rob