Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand cast date markings

Default Sand cast date markings

How are the sand cast date markings read?

Using your eyes and brain works best, Harley used multiple foundry with differing formats, F6 is June 1946 on a knuckle rocker housing, G 18-6 is July 18, 1946 for a knuckle cylinder.

He asked you for the last part of your remark not your snarky first part. More like this and no one, especially the new young ones will use the forum at all. He was jus looking for information. Bad day?
    DrSprocket

The young kids now a days have very thin skin and get so "triggered." They should lighten up a bit and enjoy life and the wonderful US of A!

More like this and no one, especially the new young ones will use the forum at all.
    This hobby is for old men with deep pockets reliving days gone by on rolling piles of junk.
    Ten years from now many of these old geezers will be gone and the next generation can decide if they like this hobby or it is a bout of insanity.
    My friend owns an unrestored Model A, his family doesn't give a sh!t so he was going to donate to the Model A museum upon his demise until I told him what would happen next.
    Life is short, enjoy it while you can.

Dear Ryan, I'm a 72 year old vet and I know lots of thick skinned youngsters who are pro USA and ride two wheels. Where do you get YOUR information? Oh. and I made the return comment, not Paul! I don't "trigger" and I don't need to lighten up any more than I am I just hate labels and putting people in boxes. You do to truth known.
    DrSprocket

Dear Rich,
    I am also a 3%er of 49 and I am glad you know some thick skinned youngsters, that is great news. The triggered was also meant toward today's youth that protest everything from anything red to a sideways fart. Just take a step on today's hate filled communist filled colleges.
    I had my 85 chevy 4x4 surrounded by young idiots to make sure I wasn't sporting Lee's battle flag. The information is out there loud and clear sir. Thank you for your service Rich!

Quote Originally Posted by 1950Panhead View Post
    This hobby is for old men with deep pockets reliving days gone by on rolling piles of junk.
    Ten years from now many of these old geezers will be gone and the next generation can decide if they like this hobby or it is a bout of insanity.
    My friend owns an unrestored Model A, his family doesn't give a sh!t so he was going to donate to the Model A museum upon his demise until I told him what would happen next.
    Life is short, enjoy it while you can.
    I know a guy that sells at least 5 antique American bikes a week over seas, England and Japan. Crazy!

I think the old men,im 67 ,is mostly true for the Harley big twin and Indian guys but with so many other bikes up to 84 I think there are a lot of younger people interested in old bikes,I just dont think you are going to see them here.Too bad in my opinion.
    Tom

I think it is too bad the younger guys aren't showing up here as well. I think the cost of the older bikes are out ragist! Like asking 95k for knucklehead on ebay. The first 401k recipients sure drove the market up the past several years. The bikes now have become idle works of art in many cases getting shipped out for the Benjimans. If I say anymore, I will just get into trouble. Lol