Thread: Teens American Sidecar , make ?? -- 1

Default Teens American Sidecar , make ?? -- 1

Hello , any ideas as to make of this sidecar ?? I know it's American and guess teens ! although on the English side , which shows the good side of the bike !! The most noticeable thing with the body is it is attached with just three springs , two "C" springs at back and 1 - 1/4 elliptic at the front (see pics) , I've just finished fitting it to my 1916 Excelsior . About time as bought the chair about 30 years ago , Excelsior only 4 . The colour / patina is similar to each so they had to go together . I Know the sidecar was originally fitted to an Indian Power Plus as the fittings lined up with the Power Plus's frame lugs . Any help will be appreciated , happy riding Ken SEE next thread for more pics , can only put 5 pics on one thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

From what you have shown. That is a Harley tub on someone elses chasie. Bob L

Thanks Bob but not Harley , their arm rests come up higher and they have a cut out at the back bottom to clear the chassis tube , I'm sure ? some more pics of the body --
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken

Ken!!!

That hack fits that Excelsior nicely! The single leaf spring up front has got me wondering. I get a grin every time I see a photo of that bike. It's a real gem.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks Cory , I Love it !! goes quite well , handles great , stops - well compare todays to a computer then the Excelsiors is like morse code !!!
    Ken

A garage full of awesome machines there Ken, very cool !

Ken I disagree. It may not be Harley but here me out. We are starting to replicate that body. I just took one apart. All 179 spot welds. It's not identical to Harley LT (Tourist) because the beading is a little different on the nose but I'll lay my bet that it came out of the same coach makers faculty. Bob L

Bob , I suppose that is possible , after all , suppliers would make anything for anyone so long as they paid !! Just hope one day someone will find an advert showing it and remember this Thread . Thanks all for your input , don't give up , how about some pics of your repro , when finished !!? , Ken
    Ken