Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special color Pan 1965

Default Special color Pan 1965

I can't find any concrete information about the color of my FLH 1965. Someone say me it is a commemorative color. I think it's original paint because I find a motorcycle ad showing this color and a photo of another bike like mine.
    I know nothing about this color. Have you informations ?. Do you know something about that ?
    Thank you very much for helping me.
    Carlos Balana

Sorry for my bad english, I am French .....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carlos, I almost made mention of the color on your motorcycle in your new member post. When I bought my first 65 in 1979, there were always a few to look over at major motorcycle events in my area. One in particular had the color option yours has, it was a well ridden one owner original paint bike. There was also a very low mileage machine in same color that showed up at the Redwing, MN National Hillclimb every year. The experts will tell you the color was not available, but I am convinced it was real.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Thank you for your answer. I am sure so it was a real paint. Will wait for more reply, perhaps someone know more about this color ....

I can't say about the paint but noticed in the paragraph under the Rt. fuel tank shot the writer mistakes the generator for a starter motor. I know it's trivial but I'm feeling grumpy today.

Kerry

This is true .......for the mistake and not for be grumpy !!
    Carlos

Here is a 63 PAN with the same colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Here is a 63 PAN with the same colors.
    It's not a big deal...but that's a 62. That's a 63 behind it though....at least the paint scheme is.

I have seen gold electra glides before. I have a 1965 sales brochure with motorcycle in Hi-FI red only. Brochure says Finish: Metallic finish in choice of Hi-FI colors, or baked enamel. The HI-Fi colors were offered in the 1960's in red ,blue, . green , turquoise and purple. Had a silver base coat then color . I have other brochures that say others colors available on special order

steve
    Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
    TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

John Pierce say me he think it is Nugget Gold color, offered by H-D as a special order.
    Carlos

That color is correct on a 65 pan, I have seen 2 org paint in that color, thanks, Larry