Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: safe payment?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Luland View Post
    Any thing over 10Gs gets reported.
    Not anymore, Bob. It is now $3000 per my banker.

go to the post office and get money orders for more the $ 900 a day. the clerk will have you fill out papers.

Quote Originally Posted by rwm View Post
    i know an amca member who was pulled over on the way home from a meet. he had more cash then the state of georgia liked him to have. he lost it to the state. 2 lawyers told him to move on it would cost more to get it back.
    I find that very hard to believe. They cannot confiscate unless there is probable cause that it is drug money. They can't search your vehicle unless they have probable cause and a warrant, OR you give them permission. What person would give them permission? I had a Montana HP pull me over for speeding. He wanted to search my rig. I asked to see the warrant, and pissed him off, got a ticket, but he couldn't search my vehicle and sent me on my way. I had a pile of cash with me on the way to Davenport. Know your rights, and stand up for them. Remember this... it is NOT illegal to have cash in your possession, and the burden of proof is on them to prove that it is illegal, not the other way around. NEVER let it get that far, though. There is no reason that they need to know there is cash with you.
    Last edited by silentgreyfello; 04-20-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentgreyfello View Post
    I find that very hard to believe. They cannot confiscate unless there is probable cause that it is drug money. They can't search your vehicle unless they have probable cause and a warrant, OR you give them permission. What person would give them permission? .
    I moved out of Florida 8 years ago, but I'm pretty sure they passed a law about 15 years ago (their reason because of all the drug trafficking) that states no warrant is needed for vehicle searches. Maybe someone that still lives there can chime in.

In Ohio they can't search your vehicle without your permission or reasonable suspicion. Unfortunately, denying them permission to search gives them reasonable suspicion. Go figure that logic.
    Member# 7397