Thread: Welding cases

Default Welding cases

Hi

Any one got contact details for Larry Struck?

I sent my 36 case for welding, to rectify a previous welded repair to one of the bearing pedestals in the transmission, however my welder is having big problems with contamination and needs to know the composition of the alloy.

I know Larry is an expert on four case reclamation.

thanks
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Have you contacted Larry since this post yet? I have heard that he is not in the Four biz any longer. Anyone else have any news on him?. Also, anothr Four rebuilder I cant find any longer is Dennis Young. Any late news on these fellas?.....Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435

Hi Joe,

I asked in the Indian Four Club and Larry no longer trades apparently. However Henderson Precision now do case welding, Guy Hendersen. He worked with Larry at one time and lives nearby.

My problem is being based in the UK, I would prefer to get the repair done over here. My professional welder has problems with oil contamination in the case and needs to know what type of welding rod to use.

I think Dennis Young's son was going to re start the business, but no recent progress.

thanks for reply
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Tim: Guy Henderson is one of the best there is. He also makes wonderfull parts but not enough sometimes. Its a tough biz, the Four biz is. You say Dennis Youngs son??? Dennis is the son of Ken Young who has passed on 10 or so years back and as far as I knew in dealing with Dennis, he was it. Didnt think HIS son would take a at it?? but, who knows?... Dennis Youngs home and shop phones did not answer my calls in several attemps I made a coupla months back. I just hope he is doing well cuz he did have some problems by the sound of it on the phone about 6 or 7 years back when he worked on my engine...Joe
    Joe AMCA# 3435