Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: long time to change screens

Default long time to change screens

Is it my computer or the new system that is taking so long -30 seconds- to change screens. my other sites work fine. this has been in the past few days,
    Thanks
    Richard

A little late for a reply, but I have not had any problems of that sort. Good luck.
    Lonnie Campbell #9
    South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Fifth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 16 - 18, 2014 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C. Our theme this year is "Race Bikes".

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

My old Gateway with WIN98 opens in a reasonable time on dial-up,
    and keeps me logged in,
    but the texts are in long vertical strings and I cannot post.
    Only this site comes up with that format.

My old old Compag win WIN98 and dialup is slow, but it always works faithfully, and at about the same speed.
    Adding photos is no problem, inspite of the incredibly byzantine attachment format of this site.

My wife's Toshiba laptop with VISTA on DSL commonly takes as long as two minutes to open a fresh screen on this site;
    The drag-and-drop in the attachment format does not work, and a fresh .jpg upload just sits and spins and spins.

This site is the ONLY site where I encounter such gliches, over and over.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

I have a 1 year old computer with Windows 7 and this site has been very slow for a few months. All other sites and forums come up right away. The search time always reads about one second.

Default Ditto

I have had similar problems now for at least 6 months and I am really unable to use this site at all anymore. The AMCA site come up immediately but the Bulletin Board takes 2-3 minutes to come up and/or change pages. I have Windows 98 on one computer and Vista on my HP laptop. Now, if I take the laptop somewhere else and log on via a different internet service provider I have no problem, it all comes up immediately! And yes, the ISP here did change last year and that's when the problem began. Well, to be accurate, ownership changed, I don't think the equipment changed, but then, what do I know? So is this problem ISP dependent? My ISP is NewWave and I am located in Vincennes, Indiana.

I would sure like to see some resolution to this so that I could once again follow the discussions on this site.

Howard

I periodically get waiting times. Once in awhile it's bad enough that I give up. For the most part lately it's been not too bad.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

It's blazing fast this morning!
    But uploading a pic still just sits and spins infinitely, and I must return to WIN98 and dial-up.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776

...and I must go to a third PC to be allowed to delete the duplicate posts automatically generated by the first one sitting and spinning, and spinning...

More bugs than an alley cat.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776

Never had a problem. Windows XP, 6 year old Dell XPS, Verizon broadband.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

It was all working fine for the last few months. Now in the last couple of weeks it is back to being painfully slow again.