Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Speedometer's

Crows foot socket. Nice job on thinking outside of the hat. Bob L

Thanks. Crude but effective. No doubt HD makes an actual tool for that job, but I was not going to stumble upon it any time soon! Garrett.

Default Corbin for H-D 21F

Hi Terry

I tried to send you a PM but I may have screwed it up.

I have been gifted the attached 80 mph Corbin to use on my H-D 21F restoration. The speedo is reputedly in good order; the fibre sprocket is in reasonable shape; the angle drive works smoothly.

Assuming that the fibre sprocket is the right size for my machine, I think I need three more parts to complete the set up: the cable, the toothed driving wheel to attach to the spokes of the 28 x 3 rear wheel of the bike; and a bracket for attaching the sprocket and angle drive to the rear frame tubes. (I can make up a bracket to attach the speedo to the top of the tank once I know the thread size of the two fixing holes in the rear of the speedo shell.)

Can you supply the components I am missing or perhaps point me to someone who can?

Regards

Mike

002 (615x800).jpg

My apologies Bob. Judging by the posts on the previous pages I think I'm in the right thread, but I should have hit the reply button to one of Terry Marsh's earlier posts rather than the last one - which happened to be yours!

Hello Terry,
    I need your help / advise on a speedometer problem.
    I am a new owner of a 1947 Indian Chief, on a recent trip the rear cable came loose & flopped around
    And took out the valve stem, and had a flat. What I lost was the rear drive adaptor , when it came loose .
    I ordered P/N 396003 end drive for the cable from Starklite .
    The problem is : the cable side has a “square” male end on it .
    The P/N 396003 has a “ round” female .
    My question is , do you have a end drive adaptor that will fit the square cable end?
    Or has some time in the past things been modified & need to be but back to normal?
    Also , will you be at Davenport? I understand you are the best and highly praised on the Corbin units.
    I think I should remove the speedometer and have you go through it this winter for preventive maintenance . it works , but not very stable , and top speed needle does not always reset.
    Thanks for your input .
    Kerry Patchett

007.jpg

kerry patchett

I think I have it fixed for the time being .
    I reamed / drilled out the adaptor , ground down the square end of cable some until they would fit in each other.
    Then pinched the adaptor to make it a little square .
    hopefully it will hold and drive ok .
    Kerry Patchett

Good luck ,Kerry, You would have to use Starklight parts.