Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Speedometer's

This is my work table for the Corbin dial plates.IMG_7231.jpgIMG_7228.jpgIMG_7229.jpgIMG_7230.jpg

you must have a huge grin on when you work on these,,,,im grinning looking at the pictures in this thread,,,,,just the way things were made back in those days was just pure class................

Do you restore for the public? Great photos Dale

Yes i do work on them for others. use this marsh1915hd@msn.com

I know this thread is a little old but hopefully someone out there can help. I just bought an 80mph Corbin for my 1915 Indian.

I have pulled apart the cable cleaned and regreased the cable but the tiny ball bearing cage back that goes in one end. Im not sure it is sitting properly. Is there only 1 ball bearing race on the cable and is it at the small end where it screws onto the right angle bevel gear unit.

thanks

Eric

Just joined ACMA to help me on my 47 Chief project bike. I currently have an aluminum ashtray covering the hole where a red (silver) bar Corbin should be.
    Do you know of anybody with restored 47 Corbin speedo that willing to part with it?

Hi Terry,
    I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I've got a question for you, as you've probably seen every Corbin under the sun by now, have you ever seen a Corbin speedo face (the early teens type) that has brown numbers? If such a beast existed - what finish would the needle have had?
    Regards, Rob

I have a restored 47 Corbin for sale ? $1,200IMG_2733.jpgIMG_2734.jpgIMG_2735.jpg I also have a 47 Chief, I do have a nice rear fender for one. Original Red. 60%

I am not sure , but maybe the paint has changed in 100 years? I have seen some with brown looking numbers. Nickel needle.

tool 1.jpgtool 2.jpgtool 3.jpg

The attached photos show a tool I made to remove/install the drive end nut of a Panhead speedometer. I used an old 1" socket and cut out a wedge that could be slipped around the cable and would slide down in to the recessed area where the drive end goes in to the case. I welded on a couple of 7" by 3/8" rebar stems that you can put a vice grip on to loosen or tighten the nut. Works great and doesn't scar up the nut trying to get some weird pliers down in to that tiny space. 57 Pan.