Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wall of Death

For those of you interested in the "Dromes" there is a good little section on them in the "Harley-Davidson Reader". Why it's in there I'm not sure but I'm glad it is. The last chapter is written by the late Samantha Morgan and is well worth the time to read.

Here's an interview with Samantha and some footage of her riding the wall.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KSIllzzJFg
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

The wall of Death is such a cool part of history. The American Motor Drome is setting up at our wedding next August, I am so excited.

S.E.N.Y. State American side of Hudson River

About the drome or getting married????
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Well, I am quite a bit more excited about getting married, but the motordrome comes in a close second. Merry christmas and happy new year DA

O.K.... the Wall of Death will be setting up at your wedding? Man, that's gonna be super cool! I follow your blog quite regular Matt and that gal of yours seems to fit right into the whole old bike scene. All the best to you.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

These are two Wall bikes that I bought a couple of years ago. Took them to Davenport for show and tell but didn't get any offers that were even close. I sold them to a guy in Italy. He found an old wall in a shipping contaner, so he quiting his job and is going on the road this summer.
    He tracked these bikes down from a picture taken at Tenino,Wa. Now he is a Wall rider.
    Cool bikes, 1920 Scout, 1930 101 Scout. I was told that they worked the East from Fl. to Maine. They were found in Kansas by One Eyed Bob

Terry,

Those are some cool wall bikes alright! I particularly like the yeller one. I recall when you had them for sale. At the time I was wishing for more disposable income!!! Wow, that dude from Italy is really going for it! Sounds like fun!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Where's the siren? You can't ride the wall with out a siren!